It can be challenging to get kids to eat the good stuff, but now you don’t need of bagging to your kids to eat one bite of broccoli or any other healthy bite. We have top kid-friendly recipes that will have everyone leaving the table happily, healthy, and full-bellied.
Make mealtime less of a battle with your kids, more enjoyable, and less messy. Here are the super easy and healthy recipes for kids. However, before moving towards our easy-to-made recipes, we have some tips for cooking healthy meal recipes for your kids.
Tips for healthy meals for kids:
- If your kid hates all the veggies, you should sneak them with recipes that use veggies as a binder, such as meatballs, pizza crust, and burgers.
- It would help if you tried a different protein type to give your kids extra nutrition. You can experiment with recipes using plant-based protein, seafood, or chicken.
- Don’t be afraid of sharing something new with them. Your kid might like a cozy pot of pumpkin pasta even better.
- Let them have fun by eating their meal with their hands. It will make them busy, and they will enjoy eating their meals alone.
Easy and healthy meal recipes for your kids:
Mango pineapple salsa:
- 1 cup of chopped pineapple
- 1 cup peeled and chopped mangoes
- Two tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- Two tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- Three tablespoons of lime juice
- One hot dog
Mix them all together in a bowl. Then, grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally. Place hot dogs in buns, cut each crosswise in half, and serve with fruit salsa.
Banana split smoothie:
- Two peeled banana
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
- ½ of orange juice
- 1 cup crushed ice
- One can of 8 ounces of crushed pineapple
Place all the ingredients into the blender and process until blended completely. Serve immediately; your kid will demand another glass of this delicious smoothie!
Miniature corn dogs:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Two tablespoon cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup of milk
- Oil for frying
- Spicy ketchup
Combine flour, baking powder, cornmeal, and salt in a bowl; cut in shortening until crumbly. Whisk egg and milk, and stir it into the flour mixture until moistened. Dip sausages into the batter. Heat the oil, place the dips into it, and fry them for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve them with ketchup; your entire family can enjoy this recipe!
- 5 cups of cooked and drained spiral pasta
- One medium chopped green and red pepper
- One jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese
Take a pan and cook sausage and green pepper over medium heat. Then, stir in spaghetti sauce and boiled pasta. Transfer all this material to a greased baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Uncover the dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake again for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.